March 9, 2015
During the 9 a.m. Christian formation hour this past Sunday in the Bishop’s Room, Mo. Martha led a conversation about “12 Years A Slave”starring Lupita Nyong’o and Chiwetel Ejiofor, the second feature in our series “A Lenten Search for God at the Movies.” Please join us. On Thursday, March 12 at 6 p.m. in the school library (downstairs, under the John Chrysostom Chapel), we’ll offer a showing of our third film, “The Mission.” Linda Allport will lead the “Mission” discussion on Sunday, March 15 at 9 a.m. in the Bishop’s Room.
And don’t forget:
- To honor a loved one with altar flowers at Easter by using the specially marked envelope in the narthex. The suggested donation is $50.
- To buySee’s Candy for Easter beginning after both services this Sunday…To sign up for the Lenten Quiet Day on Saturday, March 21 (only if you’re doing yoga; no signups needed for the other activities).
- To join your St. John’s friends at Isaiah House next Saturday, March 14 at 9:30 a.m., offering breakfast and fellowship to homeless women. To get more information and sign up, write Josh Bradshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To make plans to see “Bye-Bye Birdie” at St. John’s on April 23-24 and the Angels v. Mariners at St. John’s Day the Big A on Saturday, June 27 (the whole family’s welcome, because it’s baseball!).
- If you’re a St. John’s man, to sign up for Mo. Martha’s breakfast talk next Saturday, March 14 at 8 a.m.
- If you’re a St. John’s mom, to join the St. John’s Moms Club this Wednesday, March 11 at 8 a.m. in the school library for a conversation aboutMadeline Levine’s book The Price of Privilege.
Yours in Christ’s love and the Lenten Way,