Next Sunday, January 28, we celebrate our patron saint, John Chrysostom. There will be only one service that weekend at 10 a.m. on Sunday followed by our family (annual) meeting, ministry fair, and potluck luncheon. It’s a great way to make new friends, find out about our great ministries, and eat fabulous food! If you haven’t yet signed up for the potluck, please contact Roger Bradshaw in the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Set-up for your ministry space in the gym is either Saturday, January 27 from 9-10:30 a.m. or Sunday, January 28 from 8:30-9:45 a.m. Further details will come via email later in the week.
Five individuals have agreed to have their names placed in nomination to serve a three-year term on the Bishop’s Committee. One individual, Eleanor Datu-Salvanera, is just finishing her first term on the BC and is therefore eligible, via the terms of our bylaws, to serve a second three-year term.
Continuing Bishop’s Committee members are:
Elizabeth Adams, Phil Bowman, Joanne Bradshaw [treasurer], Joe Miramontes, David Nichols, and Erin Schwarz.
Bishop’s Committee members with expiring terms are:
DJ Gomer, Paula Neal Reza [people’s warden], and Eleanor Datu-Salvanera.
Our bishop’s warden [Tim England], is appointed by the vicar and the bishop to serve on an annual basis. So that the people of St. John’s may make informed decisions on the selection of their leadership, each individual on the slate has been asked five questions so that we may have an opportunity to get to know them better.
The questions are:
1. Please describe your participation in the life and spirit of St. John’s Church.
2. Which words or phrases of our Mission statement mean the most to you and why?
3. What gifts would you bring to the leadership of St. John’s Church?
4. What do you see as the most important matters for Spiritual Leadership to address: a. For the Church? b. For the School?
5. Can you tell us about your encounter with the risen Jesus Christ?