Here are the Christmas-related St. John’s events for the next six days, all in one spot — see you at St. John’s!
Friday, December 20:
• Christmas Flower Offerings, deadline today. Checks payable to St. John’s Church, suggested donation amount $50.
Sunday, December 22, 9 a.m.:
• Advent Faith Formation Series: wraps up with BJ Sullivan on “Anxiety, Loss, Depression, Addiction, Recovery”, Learning Commons.
Sunday, December 22: 4 p.m.:
• Amahl and the Night Visitors, and The Prodigal Son: Lyric Opera Of Orange County stages a free performance for the people of St. John’s! This marvelous production is for the whole family. Advance word is out — this is a very special performance.
Monday, December 23, 10 a.m.:
• Green the Church: help decorate our worship space for Christmas, followed by homemade soup and bread with Rev. Karen.
Tuesday, December 24, 4 p.m.:
• Festive Family Eucharist: Children’s Christmas pageant. A perfect service for the whole family! Lots of little ones dressed in Christmas finery, and there will be lots of wriggling!
Tuesday, December 24, 9:30 p.m.:
• Concert and Mass of the Christ Child with Festive Holy Eucharist: as part of this beautiful evening worship service the choir presents Bob Chilcott’s On Christmas Night, a collection of moving carols accompanied by flute, oboe, harp, and organ.
Wednesday, December 25, 10 a.m.:
• Christmas Day Holy Eucharist. Celebrate our Lord’s birth!
• Just One Thing Initiative all month. Bring cold weather clothing and accessories to the Narthex during December and we’ll get it to organizations who will distribute it.
• Our Longest Night — OC Remembers: we remember the more than 200 homeless people who died in Orange County during 2019. St. John’s courtyard, 7 p.m.
• Gifts for Life — help fund Episcopal Relief and Development programs. Website: support.episcopalrelief.org/gifts.