Over the weekend a roommate of one of the college YG members attempted suicide; paramedics were called and the roommate was put on a psych hold at a hospital and parents soon arrived to be at his side.
YG members had a chance to discuss openly how this impacted them and adult leaders reiterated their 24/7 availability to all YG members.
Some of the thoughts shared by adult leaders during the meeting:
– No matter how hard life is, the sun rises and you get to start again.
– Mental health is equally as important as physical health. Talk out your feelings with someone so they don’t fester inside of you.
– It’s always better to reach out and talk.
Youth Group meets on two nights each week:
- High School and College meets Tuesdays via ZOOM at 7:30 p.m. College members are graduates of St. John’s Youth Group who continue to enjoy the fellowship. Awesome!
- Junior high — grades six through eight — meets Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. for 45 minutes via ZOOM. But tonight, Wednesday, September 22, at 6 p.m., the JHYG meets at the Lake RSM Starbucks for two loops of the lake and a time to meet in person and fellowship. We’ll have drinks and snacks for you.
The beach day planned for Sunday, September 26 will be rescheduled.
To join either group, or ask questions, get hold of Mrs. Patti. Youth Group members are reminded that adult leaders are just a text away if members need to talk.