Monday, November 15:
• Education for Ministry, Learning Commons, 6:30 p.m.
• Book It On Mondays!,, 7 p.m., use church roster to contact Loreen G. for ZOOM link.
Wednesday, November 17:
• Women’s Bible Study, 10:15 a.m., use church roster to contact DJ Gomer for ZOOM link.
• RSM Cares Food Pantry, help needed anytime between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Thanksgiving Food Bag distribution is Noon to 4 p.m. at Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church, 30605 Avenida de las Flores, RSM.
• Bishop’s Committee, 6 p.m., Learning Commons.
Thursday, November 18:
• Evening Prayer, ZOOM link, 8 p.m.
Saturday, November 20:
• Holy Eucharist, Chapel, 5 p.m.
Sunday, November 21:
• Holy Eucharist, Church, 8 a.m.
• Holy Eucharist, Church and ZOOM link, 10 a.m.
• Godly Play and Nursery, Godly Play Room, Nursery, 10 a.m.
• Annual Thanksgiving Eve worship and pizza dinner is Wednesday, November 24 at 5:30 p.m. We’ll begin with Holy Eucharist in the Church followed by a pizza dinner in the Cardinal Gym. Sign-up for the pizza dinner by sending an email with the number attending to Cindy Drennan for the pizza dinner! We’ll also have salad and beverages.
• New or “new-ish” to St. John’s Church? Join us for a Welcome Breakfast Sunday, December 5 at 9 a.m. on the Learning Commons Courtyard. Members of the lay leadership attend as well as our clergy. It’s a great chance to get to know each other in a smaller group setting and to ask questions about the church. Please sign up in the Narthex or RSVP to Erin Schwarz . All those new to St. John’s are welcome!
• Holiday concert with The Festival Singers, Sunday, December 5 at 3 p.m. “Warm Winter Melodies,” will feature fresh and familiar arrangements of beloved holiday music including “We Need a Little Christmas”, “Mary Did You Know”, “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting)”, “Somewhere in My Memory”, a special Hanukkah song by our own Carol Roman, and a moving arrangement of “Silent Night” by composer Ken Neufeld. New location: Presbyterian Church of the Master, 26051 Marguerite Parkway in Mission Viejo. The program will last about 90 minutes without an intermission. Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased at the door, at The Festival Singers website, or stop by the Church Office to see Cindy Drennan. Come support your St. John’s friends including guest instrumentalist Carolyn Van Velzer. This concert will put you in the holiday mood!