Inspired by Christ and empowered by the Spirit, the people of St. John’s Episcopal Church:
- love God and love our neighbors
- gather and grow together as a spiritual, educational and inclusive community
- rely on scripture, embrace tradition and practice prayerful reflection
- exercise responsible stewardship of God’s gifts and resources
Summary of Position:
St. John’s Episcopal Church is seeking either a Church Administrator or Secretary for our beautiful sanctuary in Rancho Santa Margarita. The successful candidate:
- Is the “first face” of the church to visitors, vendors and others: Handles inquiries or refers to clergy for further assistance.
- Acts as liaison between the parishioners and church’s administrative branch, and with the Diocese and with St. John’s School.
- Maintains and distributes church’s calendar and keeps staff up-to-date on upcoming meetings and events.
- Handles a wide range of office tasks, including, but not limited to filing, answering phones, copying, and responding to emails and other correspondence.
- Maintains church records.
- Prepares and distributes weekly church bulletin.
- Manages use of facilities for events including baptisms, weddings and funerals.
- Attends monthly parish meetings, takes minutes and distributes minutes.
- Assists finance manager in preparing payroll and maintains financial records.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Keeps office clean and organized.
- Administrator will be required to
- Facilitate annual budget
- Complete monthly expenditures and budget reports
- Attend weekly calendaring meetings
- Meet regularly with clergy
- Schedule and coordinate annual events
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Empathy skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher and Adobe.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- $50,000 to $65,000 depending on experience and skill
- 30 day Vacation.
- Sick and holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- The majority of the workday will be spent in an office setting.
- Some light walking and lifting as well as pushing of a cart is required.
- Workweek is: Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm (except for attending monthly Parish meetings).
- People of all Faiths and backgrounds welcome to apply.
- LGBTQ+ welcome to apply